Thursday, August 14, 2008

Really Groovy Salad Dressing

I just love to make salad. Well, at least I try to love it. I have an absolutely fabulous wardrobe and had everything tailored at my ideal weight. Thus, there is literally no room for error: a couple of party nights and I have absolutely nothing to wear (Thanks Lisa, Dina and Cathy). To compensate, I eat a lot of salad. I am always trying different dressings. This is my latest favorite. It makes a nice amount so you'll have it for a while.

Amy's Really Groovy Salad Dressing

3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 shallots, finely minced
salt, pepper
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Whisk the vinegar, mustard, shallots, salt and pepper in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the oils SLOWLY until emulsified.

Keep covered in the fridge.

No comments: