Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Meatballs

Not to brag, but I make the best turkey meatballs on the planet. Whenever one of my friends is infirmed or got dumped, I show up with a cauldron of turkey meatballs and spaghetti sauce.

Here's the recipie:

1 package ground turkey (93% lean)
1 cup Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
1 cup grated cheese (IMPORTANT! It must be very good cheese - this makes all the difference. I use a combination of grated parmaggiano-reggiano and romano cheese that I get freshly grated at the Italian market. You can store it, in a bag, in the freezer and use as needed)
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
Parsley (optional)
1/2 - 3/4 cup water (This is the secret! Don't you just hate hard meatballs?)

Mix all ingredients together very well. Heck, let the kids help (I do!) - just no bowl licking. Form into meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Add to cooked spaghetti sauce.

Variation: You can make turkey meatloaf - just put the mixture in a loaf pan (spray it with Pam) and bake at 350 degrees for an hour.

No comments: