Sunday, July 06, 2008

Groovy Grains with Tomatoes in Balsamic Vinaigrette

I didn't eat dinner until really late this evening (Jillian and I are working on something really exciting). Hence, I decided to turn to my old standby: Groovy Grains.

I made them Italian style, with pantry items I had on hand (I was too lazy to go to the store). This dish would be great with a side of chicken or fish.

Groovy Grains with Tomatoes in Balsamic Vinaigrette

1 cup Groovy Grains
2 cups water
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar (the best you can find. Trust me, the quality of the ingredients you use makes a huge difference)
1/4 cup olive oil (again, very good quality)
1 clove garlic
salt
pepper
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped

In a saucepan, bring the Groovy Grains and water to a boil. Simmer until done. Remove from heat and cool slightly.

Mash the garlic and salt together. Add to a small bowl with the Balsamic vinegar. Add pepper to taste and then whisk in the oil to make the dressing. In a medium bowl, add the Groovy Grains and the chopped tomatoes, onion and parsley. Add vinaigrette (you may have to re-whisk). Season with more salt and pepper to taste and serve.

This was d-lish!

No comments: