Friday, July 11, 2008

Hot Mama Tex-Mex Dip

Yeah, yeah, I try to eat healthy...but this dip is soooo good. I had a craving for it so I made it for some friends who stopped by for cocktails tonight. One of my friends insisted that I post it on my 'Groovy Cooking Blog' so here it is:

Hot Mama Tex-Mex Dip

1 can refried beans
hot sauce, to taste
1 jar salsa, drained
1 8oz container sour cream
1 package taco seasoning mix
Shredded cheddar and monterrey jack cheese
green olives with pimentos, sliced

Mix the refired beans and the hot sauce (to taste) and spread in the bottom of a casserole dish. Layer the drained salsa on top. Mix together the sour cream and taco seasoning mix and layer on top of the salsa. Spread the cheese on top of that and decorate with olives.

This is best made 2 hours ahead of time and then refrigerated.

Serve with chips.

Variation: you can also add a layer of guacamole on top of the sour cream mixture.

No comments: