Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Groovy Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Pasta

I am soooo hungry. My super fabulous personal trainer, Lori, just left. I am always ravenous after I see her. It's only 10:45am here in New Jersey but I am going to make my famous Groovy Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Pasta.

In this recipe, I use Barilla Plus rotini - but, quite frankly, it tastes much better if you use long semolina fusili.

Groovy Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Pasta

3 medium zucchini, washed and cut into 1" chunks
5 plum tomatoes, chopped into 1" chunks or a pint of cherry/grape tomatoes cut in half (or use a combination of both)
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt
pepper

1/2 cup Grated cheese (I use a combination of equal parts freshly grated Parmaggiano and Romano)

Pasta

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, toss the chopped vegetables with the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Put in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when done and add to a large bowl. Toss with tomato/zucchini mixture and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Toss and serve.

No comments: